Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Most Asked Question...



Last night, I hung out with a friend who just got back from deployment.  It's the first time I've seen him in over a year, so I was happy to spend time with him.  One of the things he asked me was, "Why are you still single?"   Ahhh, the most asked question.

I just got out of a relationship about 6 months ago.  It did not end well.  And while I believe in taking chances and not having baggage, I am not ready to be in another relationship.  While some people are relationship-whores, I like being single.  I like having my freedom.  I like not having to answer to someone when I want to see my friends, stay out late, and sleep in.

I really have not made any attempts to date.  I have spent the last 6 months bettering myself, making new friends, and enjoying my life.  I have met some great people and was lucky enough to reconnect with some of my former fwb whom I used to hook up with before I was in a relationship.

I do look forward to the day that I meet someone so amazing that I will want to be in a relationship again.  But until then, I will be happy with my single life and enjoy all that it has to offer  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...