Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TMI Tuesday - At the Movies



1. Why do you go to the movies?

a. To feel
b. To think
c. To escape
d. To enjoy the air conditioning

I guess the closest answer is c. I just like going to the movies simply to enjoy the movie. It's all about the entertainment. I don't take movies too seriously or jump to point out all the mistakes I see in them.  It's all about fun for me.

2. In the last six months, have you viewed more movies at home or at the movie theatre?
I go to the theater at least once a week, so I'd say at the movies.  I have a Netflix subscription, but I don't use it nearly as much as I should.

3. What was the last movie you watched at home? At the theatre?  Home
:  "The Fighter" - I saw this when it was in the theater, but it just came onto instant streaming on Netflix recently and I had to watch it again
Theater:  "Captain American" - Chris Evans.  Enough said.

4. Which do you enjoy most in a movie?
a. Two beings battling to death such as Godzilla and Mothra (or any foe), Gladiator
b. Car chase scene such as Ronin, Fast & the Furious
c. Major heist such as Italian Job, Ocean’s Eleven, Snatch
d. Epic battle scene such as Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings: Two Towers

I love a good car chase scene, but heists are a close second!  I like action sequences!

5. In your opinion, which movie(s) have the best or most enjoyable sex scenes?

Considering how much I love sex (and write about sex), I'm surprised that I've never really thought about this before.  The first movie that pops into my mind is "Unfaithful".  I remember there being a lot of hot sex scenes in it.  And who can forget that bathroom quickie??

6. Which of these is your favorite Hollywood movie plot?

a. Boy meets girl
b. The Jesus Story (apocalyptic; someone is saving the world)
c. Fish out of Water
d. Buddy movie

It depends on my mood.  I like boy meets girl because well, I'm a girl!  But a buddy movie is always good too!

7. What is your favorite movie genre? (Thriller, comedy, action/adventure, drama, mystery, fright, etc.)
I like action movies the best, comedies second.  I thought "Fast Five" was a good action movie this year.  It was exciting from start to finish.

8. In movies, what makes you cry?
a. mistreatment of a prime, likeable character
b. gushy, mushy romance (e.g., marriage proposals, couple finally proclaim their love)
c. very scary jump-out-at-you, make-you-pee-your-pants scenes
d. anyone or anything dying

I think it's generally d.  "Beaches" comes to mind right away.  "A Walk to Remember" too.  

Bonus: What is your favorite movie? Why?
This is always a tough question for me.  I have many movies I like from different genres.  But if I had to choose just one, it'd be "Crash".  I think that movie is so raw and it really makes you think.  There's a reason it won so many awards.  It came out the year "Brokeback Mountain" did (2006) and surprised everyone by winning the Academy Award for Best Picture.  If you haven't seen it, you should!

2 comments:

  1. I have this love-hate relationship with "Unfaithful." I think that is among the hottest movies ever made, and Diane Lane is a some ageless freak of sexy wonder, but I can't get past the scene where she forgets to pick up her kid. I've seen the first half of the movie 3 or 4 times, but the last half once, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Maxwell. I haven't thought about this movie in awhile, but I do remember that part. And I didn't really like the ending much. I wouldn't say it's a favorite movie of mine, but it is the one that popped into my mind when I thought of sexy movies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...