Friday, August 19, 2011

Waikiki?


My friend asked me what my plans were for the weekend and I told him I'd be in Waikiki for most of it.  "Waikiki?" he texted back.  Most locals don't spend much time in Waikiki.  It wasn't my intention to be in Waikiki all weekend.  And no, it's NOT another "Hotel Adventure ". I'm having dinner with my family tonight at a restaurant in Waikiki.  It's a place that my parents want to eat at and it's only in Waikiki, so I really can't say no.  The good thing is that the restaurant is fairly close to my work and against traffic, so I should have no problem getting there on time.  And the food there is good, so I can't complain.

Tomorrow (Saturday), I am spending time with a friend who was at a training in Louisiana.  I haven't seen him in over a month, so I'm happy to be hanging out with him.  And for those who are curious, no, he is not a friends with benefits.  We are planning on doing some touristy type things in Waikiki and then eating at a restaurant he likes there (different than the one I'm going to tonight).  Again, the place he wants to eat at is only in Waikiki, so we have no choice but to go into that side of town.  We might end up at Dave and Busters at the end of the night, which isn't technically in Waikiki, but is about 10 minutes away.

Sunday, I am going to hang out with a different friend.  He wants to go have lunch at yet a different restaurant that is only in Waikiki.  I actually haven't been to this restaurant yet because it's fairly new, so I'm looking forward to trying it.  He asked me if I'd be willing to go to the zoo and I said sure.  The Honolulu Zoo is actually at the end of the main thoroughfare in Waikiki.


 (If you've never seen this video, it's worth a good laugh.  I had no idea this happened at the Honolulu Zoo!)

I think after this weekend, I will have filled my Waikiki quota for the year!  I'm kidding, of course. I'm happy to have plans that I'm looking forward to and I'm certain I will have a good time.  And don't worry loyal readers, I do have some fwb hookups planned too!  I'm sure I will have some stories to tell you next week!  Have a great weekend everyone!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...