Thursday, November 10, 2011

What's New (and a somewhat SURPRISING update)

I know I've been very behind on replying to emails and blog comments.  I just finally caught up on reading the blogs I follow, which took a lot longer than I had thought, but was very worth it.  I apologize for not being better about replying to all of you.  APEC (google it!) is the big thing in Hawaii right now and it's really messing up traffic.  Because of this, I decided to stay in this weekend.  I may change my mind at the last minute, but as of now, I just want to stay in and not deal with all the road closures. Thus, I will use that time to try to get back to everyone who emailed and commented on my blog.  I really appreciate all of the messages and I am truly sorry that I've been so bad at replying.

For those of you that asked, yes, Matt and Travis are gone.  They are deployed and will be gone for 7 months or so.  I went to the hangar to see Matt off and I was very sad.  Yes, we have hot sex.  But we are also good friends and it never gets easier to see him leave.  But thanks for Facebook and Skype, we are able to keep in contact on an almost daily basis, so I feel lucky.  But I do miss him.

And this might come as a surprise to my readers, but I am kinda dating someone.  Before you stop reading, it is NOT serious and he is NOT my bf.  We have been on a few dates and while I do really like him, I'm not ready to give up my single life or my friends with benefits.  But I am open to the possibility of more with him.  He is an amazing guy and the more I learn about him, the more I like him.  I told him from the beginning that I want to take things slow and he feels the same way.  I don't plan to write much about him, but if you read my blog, he was the one who used the "I want to get to know the girl behind that smile," pick up line.  And yes, he is white, blonde hair, blue eyes, and very tall!

As for the job offer I mentioned, I took it.  I made the jump and I don't regret it.  I make more money, less responsibility, and I get paid hourly.  My last job was salary, so even though I thought I'd be making more with my promotion, I was also putting in 12 hour days, which I didn't like.  There was a bit of a learning curve because I had to learn a new system, but after a couple of days, I got the hang of it.  My new working place is also closer to my house, which means less time in traffic each day.  That's a huge plus!

And last, but not least, I will be doing a FAQ post very soon!  If you'd like to submit a question, send me an email:  aghwb@yahoo.com   with the subject line:  FAQ.  If you are a fellow blogger and would like me to link your question to your blog, please be sure to leave me your full blog url.  If you submit a question and would like to remain anonymous, you can do that too.  So if there's a question you're been dying to ask me, now is your chance to get the answer!

For those of you with Veteran's Day off tomorrow, enjoy your 3 day weekend!  :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited that you've found someone you want to date. I do love his pick up line. I hope your relationship progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Myli! Wow, what an update. Do you think your new "squeeze" would be comfortable with an open relationship of sorts? Maybe you could have both - him and other fwb. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! I hope everything works out there for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you were nice to our PM...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Petunia - Thank you! He is a great guy. I'm not ready to give up my single life and be serious, but I am enjoying going on dates and seeing if there is something between us.

    Maui Girl - No, I wouldn't have an open relationship. I doubt he would be okay with that even if it was what I wanted.

    Nicole - Thank you! I'm liking it so far. I do miss some of my old co-workers, but in the end, I think this will end up better for me.

    Gaz - I stayed in all day, so no PM sightings for me! lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...